This Alert has been expanded. For the most up to date information, click here.
An Evacuation Order and a BC Emergency Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District due to the Ross Moore Lake wildfire. Impacted residents should evacuate the area immediately.
- More information & map: Evacuation Order (PDF)
- Thompson-Nicola Regional District updates:
The Ross Moore Lake wildfire poses a threat to human life.
Take Lac Le Jeune Rd or Long Lake Rd north to Kamloops.
If your primary residence is at one of these addresses, register online or report to the Reception Centre, located at 1655 Island Pkwy in Kamloops.
If you are unable to evacuate call 9-1-1. Click for more info: www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca/tnrd-22jul23/
Refer to the Evacuation Order map (PDF) to confirm if this Evacuation Order applies to you:
If you are in the impacted area:
- Stop what you are doing and follow the directions provided
- Follow all instructions from local officials
- Evacuation route: Evacuees should take Lac Le Jeune Rd or Long Lake Rd north to Kamloops.
- ESS Emergency Reception Centre:
- Do not call 9-1-1 for additional information. Only call 9-1-1 if you are unable to evacuate
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Gather family; take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take pets in kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys) only if they are immediately available.
This BC Emergency Alert was broadcast on TV, radio and to compatible and connected cell phones in and near the impacted area. These messages are geographically targeted, but may also reach residents in surrounding areas. If you are not in the affected area, disregard this Alert.