This alert has ended.
Evacuation Order Rescinded
An Evacuation Order has been RESCINDED by the Peace River Regional District for the Tomslake area due to a motor vehicle incident involving hazardous materials.
Impacted residents should evacuate the area immediately.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for a defined area of Tomslake:
- a 1-kilometre radius of the junction of Highway 2 and 198 Road, extending South on Highway 2 to the intersection of Highway 2 and 197 Road.
Refer to the Evacuation Order and map (PDF) for more information.
Evacuees can register at the Emergency Support Services Reception Centre by calling 250-263-3109.
If you are in the impacted area:
- Stop what you are doing and follow all instructions from local authorities
- Do not call 9-1-1 for additional information unless you are trapped and unable to evacuate
- If you need transportation assistance from the area call 1-800-670-7773
- Call the Emergency Support Services Reception Centre at 250-263-3109 to register
Please visit prrd.bc.ca, drivebc.ca and emergencyinfobc.ca for current information.