Evacuation Orders, Alerts and Rescinds
Seasonal flooding is occurring in parts of the province. For the most up to date information visit your local authority website linked below:
- Regional District of East Kootenay
- Regional District of Fraser-Fort George
- Little Shuswap Lake Indian Band
- Cariboo Regional District
- Williams Lake
Visit EmergencyMapBC to view the location of current flooding activity, evacuation orders and alerts.
Flood Conditions and Advisories
The River Forecast Centre provides information on current conditions and issues flood advisories and warnings.
Preparing for Floods
Flood waters move fast, so develop a household plan, put together your emergency kit and connect with your neighbours.
Learn about the emergency response plan for your area. For more information on how to prepare visit PreparedBC.
Definitions You Should Know
- Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately. Local police of RCMP enforce evacuation orders.
- Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
- Evacuation Rescind: All if currently safe and you can return home. Stay tuned for other possible evacuation alerts or orders.
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded capacity or will exceed it imminently, and that flooding of area adjacent to affected rivers will result.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed capacity. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.