On this page:

Evacuation orders and alerts

Definitions you should know:

Evacuee registration

If you are evacuated from your community due to wildfires, you should register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) whether you need the support or not. This will help ensure that your loved ones and communities know where you are and know that you’re safe.

Step 1

Self-register online at ess.gov.bc.ca. If you require assistance with self-registration you can ask for help by calling the Emergency Support Services Info Line: 1-800-585-9559 (available 24/7)

Step 2

Proceed to the nearest Reception Centre (listed below) to complete the ESS registration. You will also be asked to complete a needs assessment to determine what short-term supports you require (e.g. food, lodging, clothing and incidentals).

Tip: After you register, you may receive calls from unlisted numbers regarding your evacuee registration. Make sure your voicemail box is not full so ESS volunteers can leave a message.

Additional supports for evacuees

To help people and communities manage and recover from the impacts of wildfires, the Government of BC, Crown Corporations and the Government of Canada have various programs and resources available.