This Evacuation Alert is still in effect. See updated wildfire information at: Current Wildfire Information in BC
The Northern Rockies Regional Municipality has issued Evacuation Alerts for areas across the municipality due to wildfire risk.
Anyone in the affected areas under Evacuation Alert must be ready to leave on short notice:
Northern Rockies Regional Municipality updates:
Follow directions from the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality
- If you are in the area under Evacuation Alert, be ready to leave on short notice
- Review your emergency plan and stock your grab-and-go-bag
- Refer to the Evacuation Alert for information specific to your community
- Monitor local information channels on the web, social media, radio and TV
Wildfires move fast, so develop a household plan, put together your grab-and-go bag and connect with your neighbours. Learn about the emergency response plan for your area by contacting your Local Authority or First Nation.
- Wildfire evacuee guidance
- Latest wildfire information and provincial fire bans: BC Wildfire Service
- Latest travel and highway updates: DriveBC
- Find your regional DriveBC Twitter account
For more information on how to prepare for wildfires, visit PreparedBC.
Stages of Evacuation
Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately. You are encouraged to register all family members at the nearest reception centre so emergency responders know you are safe.
Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. Gather your grab-and-go bags and ensure your vehicle has fuel. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
Evacuation Rescinded: The threat to life and safety has passed.