This alert has ended.
An earthquake has been felt near Daajing Giids, British Columbia. There are no reports of major damage or injuries and none are expected. More information is available from Natural Resources Canada
Local Time: 23:22:03 PST
Latitude: 52.8 North
Longitude: 132 West
Depth: 10 km
UT Date & Time: 2023/03/12 07:22:03
Important things to keep in mind:
- Stay calm.
- Check around you for any fallen objects, debris or broken glass. Move carefully.
- Tune to your local radio or television station. If there is need for further action in your community, local authorities will provide the necessary instructions.
- Do NOT call 9-1-1 to report the earthquake.
- If you felt the earthquake, report it on the Earthquakes Canada website. Always reserve 9-1-1 for life safety issues.
- Aftershocks could occur – continue to drop, cover and hold on whenever you feel one.
Preparing for earthquakes:
Earthquakes can’t be predicted. Take the following steps to stay safe:
- Drop, cover and hold on
- Prepare your home
- Make an emergency plan
- Build an emergency kit and grab-and-go bags
- Research insurance options
For more information on how to prepare for earthquakes, visit PreparedBC.