Heat Warnings have ended for:
Visit Weather Alerts Canada for more information.
Heat safety and preparedness
To prepare for heat, refer to the following resources:
- BC Centre for Disease Control – Preparing for Heat Events
- PreparedBC – Be Prepared for Heat
- PreparedBC – Extreme Heat Guide (PDF, 9.4 MB)
About heat alerts
There are two kinds of heat alerts issued in BC:
- Heat Warning: daytime and overnight temperatures are higher than usual, but they’re not getting hotter every day. Take the usual steps to stay cool.
- Extreme Heat Emergency: daytime and overnight temperatures are higher than usual, and are getting hotter every day. Activate your emergency plan for heat.
For more information about how Environment and Climate Change Canada determines Heat Warnings in BC, visit the Criteria for Public Weather Alerts.