The River Forecast Centre has ENDED the following advisories:
- South Thompson River – High Streamflow Advisory
- Thompson River through Kamloops and downstream – High Streamflow Advisory
- Shuswap River – High Streamflow Advisory
- Columbia region including tributaries around Golden, Revelstoke and the Columbia Valley – Flood Watch
- East Kootenay – High Streamflow Advisory
- Slocan River – High Streamflow Advisory
- Eagle River – High Streamflow Advisory
- North Thompson River – High Streamflow Advisory
- West Kootenay – High Streamflow Advisory
Lake levels on Shuswap Lake and flows downstream in the South Thompson River and Thompson River have been declining over the past 3-4 days. A return to high flows (eg. levels at or exceeding those previously experienced this year) again this season would require significant or persistent rainfall.
The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor conditions and will update as conditions warrant.
A High Streamflow Advisory means that river levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
A Flood Watch means that river levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
A Flood Warning means that river levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.