ENDED on Feb 10 by the River Forecast Centre
- Kloiya River
A High Streamflow Advisory has also been issued for:
- North Coast including tributaries around Prince Rupert, Kitimat, Stewart and
A slow moving front is delivering heavy rainfall across the north coast. Environment and Climate Change Canada have issued rainfall warnings for the region, with 40-60mm of rainfall expected through tonight.
Preparing for Floods
Flood waters move fast, so develop a household plan, put together your emergency kit and connect with your neighbours. Learn about the emergency response plan for your area. For more information on how to prepare visit PreparedBC.
Definitions You Should Know
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded capacity or will exceed it imminently, and that flooding of area adjacent to affected rivers will result.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed capacity. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
- Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately. Local police of RCMP enforce evacuation orders.
- Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
- Evacuation Rescind: All if currently safe and you can return home. Stay tuned for other possible evacuation alerts or orders.