The River Forecast Centre has ENDED the Flood Watch for:
- Kingcome River
The High Streamflow Advisory has also been ENDED for:
- West Vancouver Island including tributaries around Tofino and Ucluelet
- North Coast including Prince Rupert, Kitimat, Kemano River and surrounding areas
- Central Coast including the Bella Coola River, Wannock River and surrounding tributaries
- South Coast including Howe Sound, North Shore, Sunshine Coast, Metro Vancouver and surrounding areas
River levels have reached peak levels for this event. On western Vancouver Island, the Central Coast and the South Coast, rivers remain high (near or below 2-year flows); however, they are expected to recede through Sunday evening and into Monday. In other regions, flows have dropped below levels of concern. No significant additional rises in river levels are expected at this time.
Preparing for Floods
Flood waters move fast, so develop a household plan, put together your emergency kit and connect with your neighbours. Learn about the emergency response plan for your area. For more information on how to prepare visit PreparedBC.
Definitions You Should Know
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded capacity or will exceed it imminently, and that flooding of area adjacent to affected rivers will result.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed capacity. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.