Flood Watch ended for Fontas River
A Flood Watch was issued by British Columbia’s River Forecast Centre for the Fontas River on May 14, 2022. The Flood Watch was ended on May 23, 2022 at 08:45. The public was advised to stay clear of the fast-flowing river and potentially unstable riverbanks.
More information and an interactive map is available from the River Forecast Centre.
Preparing for Floods
Learn about the emergency response plan for your area. For more information on how to prepare visit PreparedBC.
Definitions You Should Know:
- Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately. Local police or RCMP enforce evacuation orders.
- Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
- Evacuation Rescind: All if currently safe and you can return home. Stay tuned for other possible evacuation alerts or orders.
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded capacity or will exceed it imminently, and that flooding of area adjacent to affected rivers will result.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed capacity. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.