The River Forecast Centre is upgrading to, or maintaining a Flood Warning for:
- Lower Thompson including Cache Creek, Deadman River, Criss Creek, Bonaparte River and surrounding areas around Cache Creek and Skeetchestn
The River Forecast Centre is upgrading to, or maintaining a Flood Watch for:
- Middle Fraser including plateau areas around Quesnel, Williams Lake, Lhoosk’uz Dene
(including Baker Creek, Cottonwood River, San Jose River) and surrounding areas
- Nazko River and West Road River
- South Interior including remaining areas in the Lower Thompson, Salmon River and
The River Forecast Centre is upgrading to, or maintaining a High Streamflow Advisory for:
- The Northern Interior, including the Upper Fraser including plateau areas around Prince George (including Chilako River,
Chuchinka River, Salmon River and surrounding areas)
- Follow all directions from your Local Authority or First Nation
- Stay clear of fast-flowing rivers and potentially unstable riverbanks
- Avoid recreational activities such as fishing, swimming, boating or hiking near high streamflow rivers or streams
- Remember, fast-moving water can easily trap strong swimmers, increasing risk of drowning
- For updates on Flood Advisories: River Forecast Centre
- Latest travel and highway updates: DriveBC
- For weather alerts: Environment and Climate Change Canada
For more information on how to prepare for a flood, visit PreparedBC.
A High Streamflow Advisory means that river levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly. Fast-flowing bodies of water increase risk to life safety. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
A Flood Watch means that river levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bank-full. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
A Flood Warning means that river levels have exceeded bank-full or will exceed bank-full imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.