Parks Canada has issued an Extreme Wave Hazard Advisory for the Pacific Rim Region including the Districts of Tofino and Ucluelet. Residents and visitors are advised that extreme wave hazards and high winds have been forecasted for the West Coast of Vancouver Island.
- District of Tofino has closed public beach accesses to Cox Bay, Chesterman (North and South), and Mackenzie Beaches until February 19th. Safe viewing locations have been established at Kwisitis Visitor Centre and Florencia Bay Lookout.
- District of Ucluelet has closed the Wild Pacific Trail and beaches
Due to hazardous conditions, please keep a safe distance from the shoreline and coastal waters if you’re planning on viewing the storm.
Coast Smart tips:
- Avoid trails and beaches
- Stay away from exposed shorelines and stay off rocks
- Bring loose objects inside (surfboards, patio furniture, toys, etc.).
- Enjoy storm-watching at a safe distance from the beach.
- Monitor the weather and use caution.
For more information, please visit: