This post is no longer being updated. Visit the Current Wildfire Information webpage for updates.
- BC Wildfire Service fire location & status: Teare Creek Widlfire
- Regional District of Fraser-Fort George updates:
Wildfires move fast, so develop a household plan, put together your grab-and-go bag and connect with your neighbours. Learn about the emergency response plan for your area by contacting your Local Authority or First Nation.
- Wildfire evacuee guidance
- Latest wildfire information and provincial fire bans: BC Wildfire Service
- Latest travel and highway updates: DriveBC
- Find your regional DriveBC Twitter account
For more information on how to prepare for wildfires, visit PreparedBC.
Stages of Evacuation
Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately. You are encouraged to register all family members at the nearest reception centre so emergency responders know you are safe.
Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. Gather your grab-and-go bags and ensure your vehicle has fuel. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
Evacuation Rescinded: All is currently safe and you can return home. Stay tuned for other possible Evacuation Alerts or Orders.