Follow all directions from local officials:
- If you are in the area under Evacuation Alert, be ready to leave on short notice
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area
- Pack essential items, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers, immediate care needs for dependents, and, if time permits, keepsakes
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed
- Prepare to take pets and livestock to a safe area, if possible
- Arrange transportation for your household and fill the gas tanks of your personal vehicles
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating
Refer to the Evacuation Alert (PDF) for more information specific to the Pavilion Reserve #1 community.
Wildfire smoke is visible from BC Highway 99. A Travel Advisory has been issued between Industrial Pl and the end of Highway 99 due to limited visibility.
- Guidance for people under Evacuation Alert due to wildfire
- Latest wildfire information from the BC Wildfire Service
- Latest travel and highway updates from DriveBC
- Information on how to prepare for wildfires from PreparedBC
Stages of Evacuation
Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately. You are encouraged to register all family members at the nearest reception centre so emergency responders know you are safe.
Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. Gather your grab-and-go bags and ensure your vehicle has fuel. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
Evacuation Rescinded: All is currently safe and you can return home. Stay tuned for other possible evacuation alerts or orders.