The following information has been released by the National Tsunami Warning Center. Please note, NO tsunami threat exists for British Columbia.
* Revised magnitude
…THIS IS A TSUNAMI INFORMATION STATEMENT FOR ALASKA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, WASHINGTON, OREGON AND CALIFORNIA…
* No tsunami threat exists for the areas listed above.
* Some of the areas listed above may experience non-damaging sea level changes.
PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS
* The following parameters are based on a rapid preliminary assessment and changes may occur.
* Magnitude 7.8
* Origin Time 0839 AKST Dec 08 2016
0939 PST Dec 08 2016
1739 UTC Dec 08 2016
* Coordinates 10.7 South 161.4 East
* Depth 25 miles
* Location near the Solomon Islands
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND NEXT UPDATE
* Refer to the internet site ntwc.arh.noaa.gov for additional information.
* Pacific coastal regions outside California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska should refer to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center messages at ptwc.weather.gov.