Evacuation Orders, Alerts and Rescinds:
Flooding is occurring in parts of the province. For the most up to date information visit your local government website linked below:
- City of Chilliwack
- Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen:
- Little Shuswap Lake Band
- Fraser Valley Regional District
- Evacuation Alert (PDF) in the Harrison Mills area (Electoral Area C)
- Evacuation Alert (PDF) in the Jones Creek, Wahleach Creek and Lorenzetta Creek areas (Electoral Area B)
- Evacuation Alert (PDF) in the Nicomen Island, North Nicomen and Taylor Road areas (Electoral Area G)
- Updates also on Facebook & Twitter
- Katzie First Nation
- RESCINDED: Evacuation Alert (PDF) in the Katzie First Nation IR #2 (Langley) and IR #3 (Barnston Island) areas
- Metro Vancouver Regional District
Flood Watches & Warnings:
For current Flood Watch and Flood Warning information in BC, including an interactive map of advisory notifications, visit the River Forecast Centre.
Preparing for Floods
For more information on how to prepare for flooding, visit PreparedBC.
Definitions You Should Know
- Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately. Local police or RCMP enforce evacuation orders.
- Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
- Evacuation Rescind: All is currently safe and you can return home. Stay tuned for other possible evacuation alerts or orders.
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded capacity or will exceed it imminently, and that flooding of area adjacent to affected rivers will result.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed capacity. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.