This Evacuation Order is still in effect. See updated wildfire information at: Current Wildfire Information in BC
An Evacuation Order and a BC Emergency Alert have been issued by the Peace River Regional District due to wildfire. Impacted residents should evacuate the area immediately.
- More information & map: Evacuation Order and Evacuation Alert (PDF)
- Peace River Regional District updates:
- BC Wildfire Information
BC EMERGENCY ALERT issued by PRRD due to wildfire.
Evacuate immediately if you are in the following area: One Island Lake.
The West Kiskatinaw River Wildfire poses a threat to human life.
Evacuate by the safest route to Dawson Creek. Register for Emergency Support Services by calling 250-784-4681
If you are unable to evacuate call 9-1-1.
Click for more info: www.prrd.bc.ca or https://www.emergencyinfobc.ca/alert-06Jun23
If you are in the impacted area:
- Stop what you are doing and follow the directions provided
- Follow all instructions from local officials
- Evacuation route: Travel by the safest route to Dawson Creek. Check DriveBC for road conditions.
- ESS Emergency Reception Centre: Evacuees should register at the local reception centre at Dawson Creek by calling 250-784-4681
- Do not call 9-1-1 for additional information. Only call 9-1-1 if you are unable to evacuate
This BC Emergency Alert was broadcast on TV, radio and to compatible and connected cell phones in and near the impacted area. These messages are geographically targeted, but may also reach residents in surrounding areas. If you are not in the affected area, disregard this Alert.