An Evacuation Order has been issued by Skwlāx te Secwepemcúl̓ecw (Little Shuswap Lake) due to immediate danger to life safety caused by the wildfire burning near Lower East Adams Lake and east of the Adams River. This wildfire is increasing the risk to properties in Skwlāx te Secwepemcúl̓ecw IR#1 – QUAAOUT area.
The Evacuation Order (PDF) is in effect for the following areas:
- IR#1 – QUAAOUT – LITTLE SHUSWAP LAKE RD (West & East)
- NORTH SUBDIVISION
- DANCING FAWN SUBDIVISION
BC EMERGENCY ALERT issued by Little Shuswap Lake Band, due to the Lower East Adams Lake Wildfire. Evacuate immediately if you are in the following area: Qaaout Number 1.
The wildfire poses a threat to human life. Report to McArthur Island Park Reception Centre at 1655 Island Parkway, Kamloops.
If you are unable to evacuate call 9-1-1.
Visit www.emergencyinfoBC.ca for more information.
If you are in the impacted area:
- Stop what you are doing and follow the directions provided.
- Follow all instructions from local officials.
- ESS Emergency Reception Centre:
- Kamloops area: visit the Reception Centre at McArthur Island Sports Centre located at 1665 Island Parkway, Kamloops. Hours of operation will be posted on the door.
- Vernon area: please proceed to your billet location and call 250-550-7850 to receive virtual ESS services.
- Do not call 9-1-1 for additional information. Only call 9-1-1 if you are unable to evacuate.
This BC Emergency Alert was broadcast on TV, radio and to compatible and connected cell phones in and near the impacted area. These messages are geographically targeted but may also reach residents in surrounding areas. If you are not in the affected area, disregard this Alert.
If you’re unsure if this emergency alert applies to you, refer to the Evacuation Order map.