For the latest information on Evacuation Order and Alerts due to Wildfires in BC: Current Wildfire Information
This page is no longer being updated.
An Evacuation Order and a BC Emergency Alert have been issued by the City of West Kelowna and the Regional District of Central Okanagan due to the McDougall Creek wildfire. Impacted residents should evacuate the area immediately.
For a map of the impacted area visit www.cordemergency.ca/map.
- Regional District of Central Okanagan updates:
- City of West Kelowna updates:
BC EMERGENCY ALERT issued by West Kelowna and RDCO due to McDougall Creek wildfire.
Evacuate immediately if you are in the following area: Rose Valley, West Kelowna Estates, all properties located off
of Westside Rd north of West Kelowna to Nahun. The wildfire poses a threat to human life.
If you live north of Traders Cove, evacuate north to Vernon’s Reception Centre at Kal-Tire Place.
If you live south of Traders Cove, evacuate south to the Reception Centre at 2760 Cameron Rd in West
Kelowna. If you are unable to evacuate call 9-1-1.
If you are in the impacted area:
- Stop what you are doing and follow the directions provided.
- Follow all instructions from local officials.
- ESS Emergency Reception Centre:
- If you live north of Traders Cove, evacuate north to Vernon’s Reception Centre at Kal-Tire Place.
- If you live south of Traders Cove, evacuate south to Reception Centre at 2760 Cameron Rd in West Kelowna.
- As of 11pm on Aug 17, 2023, an additional Reception Centre is open at The Salvation Army at 1480 Sutherland Drive.
- Do not call 9-1-1 for additional information. Only call 9-1-1 if you are unable to evacuate.
This BC Emergency Alert was broadcast on TV, radio and to compatible and connected cell phones in and near the impacted area. These messages are geographically targeted but may also reach residents in surrounding areas. If you are not in the affected area, disregard this Alert.
If you’re unsure if this emergency alert applies to you, refer to the Evacuation Order map.