This Evacuation Order is still in effect. See updated wildfire information at: Current Wildfire Information in BC
An Evacuation Order and a BC Emergency Alert have been issued by the Peace River Regional District due wildfire. Impacted residents should evacuate the area immediately.
- More information & map: Evacuation Order (PDF)
- BC Wildfire Service fire location & status:
BC EMERGENCY ALERT issued by the PRRD due to wildfire
Evacuate immediately if you are in the following area: Charlie Lake (Properties north of Highway 29 and 246 Road), Montney, Rose Prairie, North Pine, Coffee Creek Buick Creek, Prespatou, Peejay, Nig Creek, Altona, Osborn, Murdale, and Pineview.
Refer to the Evacuation Order map to confirm if this Evacuation Order applies to you:
If you are in the impacted area:
- Stop what you are doing and follow the directions provided.
- Follow all instructions from local officials.
- ESS Emergency Reception Centre: Evacuees should register at the local reception centre at Mercer Hall, OIvintiv Events Centre (formerly Encana Events Centre): #1, 300 Hwy 2, Dawson Creek.
- Do not call 9-1-1 for additional information. Only call 9-1-1 if you are unable to evacuate.
This BC Emergency Alert was broadcast on TV, radio and to compatible and connected cell phones in and near the impacted area. These messages are geographically targeted, but may also reach residents in surrounding areas. If you are not in the affected area, disregard this Alert.