The River Forecast Centre is maintaining a Flood Watch for:
- Kettle River and tributaries through Grand Forks, including the Granby River
- Salmon River
- Nicola River at Merritt and upstream, including Nicola Lake and tributaries
The River Forecast Centre is maintaining a High Streamflow Advisory for:
- Okanagan including Mission Creek
- Shuswap Region including the Shuswap River, Eagle River and surrounding tributaries
- Similkameen River including tributaries
- West Kootenay including Slocan River, Salmo River, and surrounding areas
- East Kootenay
- Nicola River downstream of Merritt
Hot temperatures over the past few days have led to significant snow melt, and rising river levels. Tuesday is the final day of heat through the region, with cooler temperatures and diminished snowmelt expected into Wednesday. Rivers through the region are still expected to rise through the rest of Tuesday and overnight into Wednesday. In the Kettle River, flows may reach up to the 5-10 year return period level, or flows up to levels that were experienced earlier in May.
The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor conditions and will update the advisory as conditions warrant.
A High Streamflow Advisory means that river levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
A Flood Watch means that river levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
A Flood Warning means that river levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.